Monday, May 26, 2008

Day Eight - Portland Oregon/Rainfest Recap

So this weekend was rainfest. We went there for Saturday and played Sunday. We ended up getting there a lot later than we thought we would on Saturday and missed the Carrier's set. That drive sucked so bad. The only memorable part of that night was during Trash Talk when I went to go jump off this wood railing and somehow snagged my finger on something and ripped it open rather badly. I was bleeding like a mother fucker and freaking out. Somehow I ended up getting outrageously light headed and almost passed out on the curb. It was pretty scary shit. Thank god everyone around seemed to know first aid. Tim from the Carrier, Brett, Chris, and Tim helped me out so much. 


After the show we went to a really shitty motel.. I don't really even want to talk about it. 


Sunday, however, was an amazing day. I think we played the best we did all tour and there was a decent reaction from the crowd. After we played the party started. Tim and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant and had an excellent feast of tofu and fried banana ice cream. From then on out was pretty much just a parking lot party outside out van. Lots of cheap beer, piss puddles, and boston accents floating about. 


I'm not sure what time we left Rainfest but we drove to this girl Jess's house in Portland to crash. We got there around three-thirty or so. She was so nice to wake up and bring us up to her apartment even though she had to wake up in a few hours for work.


I slept in her extra bed with Luc. I managed to sleep pretty well. 


In the morning (noon) Tim and I decided to walk around the city to look for a Starbucks. We never ended up finding one but we did walk by a huge record store and an American Apparel before we got to this lovely little coffee shop. Their coffee was so much better than Starbucks, I hate Starbucks coffee. Anywho, after we had our coffee fix we went to AA to see what goodies we could manage to lift. I got a pair of jeans, tank top, and undies. Tim got a pair of acid wash jeans (fuck yes). 


After our adventure we went back to Jess's apartment to shower and make poo with our butts. We hung around Jess's for a while playing with her amazing pitbull Punisher (<3).>


But yeah, we're at this show in Portland right now. We opened which is kind of a bummer but whatever. I'm not really in the mood for a show right now so I'm just hanging out. The Carrier goes on next so I'll bang my head for them. KBYE

No comments: