Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day Thirteen - ?, California

I'm sitting in a motel room right now. I do not know what motel this is nor do I know where we are, and most importantly I do not know the password for the fucking internet. So I am going to type the longest update you'll never read and post it whenever Tom wakes up and tells me how to get online. 


The last time I updated I believe we were in Portland. Since then we played a couple shows that now seem blurred together. I'm trying to think where we played after Portland and I'm drawing a blank. I checked my calendar and that date is indeed left blank. I remember the show.. it was a VFW hall and it was our last show with the carrier before our three days off from each other. There wasn't a very good turnout and the atmosphere was just a bummer. We played decently but for some reason our tone sounded like garbage. I, however, went pretty crazy that night. It was definitely the most I have moved around on tour. So hopefully if the few kids that were there didn't think we sounded to great will at least think we put on a good live show. 


Our next show was in Reno at "The HQ" (a basement show). I wasn't sure what to expect when we got to this place, basement shows always seem to be a hit or miss type of thing. In this case I'd say this show qualified as a hit. The basement was big and from the moment I walked in I felt welcome. It seemed like the majority of those that filled the dingy basement were cute girls, and I was perfectly okay with that. The only bum out was that a good amount of people left after the two local bands played (including the two cute girls I talked to). I thought it was peculiar to see people leaving after two bands on a five band show, but hey I still had fun. 


After the show we went to Jeff from Old News's house to spend the night. We made an excessive amount of pasta and vegan garlic bread and ate until we all felt sick. We then watched a documentary on ICP that was fucking ridiculous. Then i passed out in the van.


On the twenty-ninth we played in Santa Cruz at some cafe. Real awkward vibes. The cafe itself was awesome, but the fact that we were playing a free show there and that people would be walking in and out the whole time (or just staying out) was kind of upsetting. Hollywood opened and they played fucking great. That band is real tight and those rock riffs are great.The highlight of the night definitely came as the show ended, which is usually the case. We hung outside with the dudes from Hollywood and I flirted with the coffee girl, Abigail. Good times. 


We decided to drive throughout the night to LA. I kicked off the drive running on a coffee buzz and text messages from the one who supplied me with that buzz. We stopped at a Denny's at some point in the night to use the bathroom and an enormous fight broke out between all the people in the "cocktail lounge". Luc was so siked on it. Straight mayhem. The rest of the drive was pretty shot. I didn't sleep until morning. 


Yesterday we played a show in Irvine, which I'm pretty sure is a part of LA. The show was in a screen printing shop in some office park. A good amount of people ended up coming out. The sound in that place was terrible though. The PA was straight fuzz and made it incredibly hard to decipher anything that was happening. Other than that I think we played well. 


To sum it all up.. 

lots of cute girls on the west coast I'll never talk to

fuck LA and every car being a Mercedes or BMW. 

kbai


 

No comments: