Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Night Two (recap) - Indianapolis Indiana

Got damn I'm feeling good. Just took a shower and I'm sitting in the sun on the front porch of some dude's house. Let me recap last night for you. The show we played was a basement show. There were most definitely awkward vibes at first because we were the first ones to arrive. After we played things started to get better though. The only downside being I felt like complete shit right after our set and had to lay down in the van and miss The Carrier's set. I did manage to get myself in there for Trash Talks set though. I couldn't even see them because the basement was so packed but they were insane. I have never seen people moshing in such a packed area.


After the show the guys that live at the house told us we could stay there for the night. They are such nice people. And we were stoked on having a place to shower and get use the interenets. 


As Tim and I were heading to the van to sleep/cuddle we were abducted by Tom and Brett who insisted we go get food. This was probably due to that fact that not long before this they smoked with the dudes from Trash Talk, who are awesome guys by the way. 


So i get elected to drive the van (my first time) to find some 24 hour super market. The first place we stopped at was closed. I forget what it was called.. something 88, but thanks to the good ol' GPS we found another place called Marsh. So we go into this place, its like any old supermarket except its dead because it's like one in the morning. I was walking around pretty aimlessly cause I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to spend the money on, but everyone else seemed to have a game plan. 


I ended buying a loaf of bread, cause that's all i really need to survive in life. I was being a couple in line, who was behind Luc, who was also buying a loaf of bread. Out of seemingly nowhere Luc exclaims he'll be right back, I figured he just forgot something. As I am checking out I see Tom walking towards the door and he gets intercepted by the store security guard and manager. 


FUCK


So when me and Luc go back to the van we tell the rest of the guys what happened and Luc tells us how Tom was eating from a bag of chips that he put back on the shelf and didn't pay for. So we all sort of laughed at how dumb he is but at the same time were kind of freaking out hoping nothing too serious was going to happen to him. We waited what seemed like a lifetime for him to come out of the store. He told us that he had been banned from Marsh yada yada and we all laughed. 


We then went to Walgreens across the street because Chris still needed cold medicine. Him and Luc were inside forever while the rest of were still talking about how Tom got "caught in the Marsh". When they finally came back in they told us they were caught stealing too. They had us going for a little while but then told us all they did was talk to one of the managers about politics and other various things.


When we got back to the house we cooked pasta and checked our myspaces and whatever then we went to sleep. Tim, Brett, and I slept in the van and Tom, Chris, and Luc slept in the house. 


Big thanks to the people that live in this house for letting us stay and putting up with us. Also shouts to The Carrier and Trash Talk, and of course Jarsh Marsh! 

No comments: