Monday, May 19, 2008

Day one - York PA (the spine)

Oh fuck yes. This will be good. That pretty much sums up todays whole experience, but I feel obligated to write more on the subject. So yeah..

It was about a four hour drive to the show. I'd say the highlight of the ride was when I woke up from a quick snooze to see a car of three girls and a guy along the side of us laughing. Obvious indication of fun. We decided to make a sign saying "I'd drink your bathwater" and put it in the window for them to see. They thought it was the greatest/funniest thing ever and made a sign for us saying "If only you knew what I did in that tub." Not only was that a great comeback, but the fact that they actually had a pad of paper and sharpie in the car amazed me. Of course we could not let them have the last word so we all got together and racked our brains for something good to say back. We said the first thing that came up.. "I like the taste of shit". I forget who said it, but it was pure genius. 


The show itself is not important at this moment.

It's all about the vibes. 

We're vibin'


Let me tell you a good story of what just happened at the little rest stop/gas station we stopped at to "bang a grit". So we go into the gas station to steal some snacks (I got cashews, mambas, and gum) and the guy that is working is playing the bouncing souls over the loudspeakers. So Tom starts talking to him and he seems cool. Luc decides to grab a demo to give to him and he was real stoked on it. We got back in the van and were enjoying our free snacks when the guy comes out and knocks on the door. We open it for him and he asks us if we smoke. It was only Luc, Tim, Chris, and I in the van at this point (Tom and Brett were checking the tire pressure) so we just laughed and told him the two smokers were outside the van. They then proceeded to talk and the guy brought Tom and Brett inside the gas station garage to smoke while we stayed in the van laughing at how amazing this guy is. Brett didn't smoke because he is driving SO this fuckin guy gives Brett weed to smoke later. haha 

Which brings me back to my initial point... day one. ohfuckyes.

No comments: